The privacy of our clients is very important to us. Bailey Electric & Electronics BV therefore complies with the Data Protection Act. This privacy statement describes our approach to client privacy at Bailey.
The party which is responsible for the data processing is Bailey Electric & Electronics BV, based at Everdenberg 21, NL-4902 TT Oosterhout.
This website is owned by Bailey Electric and Electronics BV (referred to hereafter as Bailey).
This privacy statement applies to the processing of personal data relating to Bailey's users, visitors and clients who use this website and/or enter into an agreement with Bailey for the provision of products or services.
In this privacy statement, Bailey provides information about the data which we process in relation to our clients, users and website visitors.
The information which we process is treated and secured with the utmost care. Bailey complies with all the applicable legislation and regulations including the General Data Protection Regulation (referred to hereafter as the GDPR), which entered into force on 25 May 2018.
Provision of personal data
You are not obliged to provide us with personal data; everyone can choose whether or not to enter personal data.
However, in order to provide our clients and website visitors with products and services, Bailey does need our clients to communicate various items of personal data. Bailey will never request more data than necessary. When you are providing Bailey with data, we will clearly state which data is compulsory and which data is optional.
Which items of personal data do we collect?
We collect various items of personal data relating to our clients and website visitors. These items of data are also collected in different ways and used for different purposes.
Website visitors and users
Bailey requires various items of personal data to ensure that its website functions optimally.
A large proportion of Bailey's website is freely accessible to all visitors. Bailey collects cookies to ensure that the website functions at its best. Cookies are described further on in this document.
Alongside this freely accessible information, Bailey also has a secure part of its site for its clients. A user needs a login account in order to access this part of the site. The following personal data must be entered in order to create this account:
- Email address
- Contact ID (automatically generated in our ERP package)
Bailey needs several items of data from its clients in order to enter into and implement an agreement for the provision of products and services. As Bailey only works on a B2B basis, much of the data provided to us will be company data. However, alongside this company data, some personal data is also required for the contact people who will be placing orders on behalf of our clients. Personal data is data which is used to determine a person's identity. However, some company data can also be traced back to a person's identity.
We collect the following (personal) data:
- Name and role of contact people
- Contact information including your business email address
- Direct business phone number or mobile phone number
- Date of birth
- Name and address details (client's address)
A cookie is a small text file which requests permission to be stored on your device. If you agree, the cookie will be stored on your computer. A cookie helps to analyse the web traffic or provides information when you visit a specific site. Cookies make it possible for web applications to respond to you individually. Collecting and storing information allows the web application to respond more accurately to your preferences and requirements; what you like or indeed what you don't like.
Most web browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can usually decline cookies in your browser if you wish. However, if you decline cookies the site will not function optimally.
How do we use the information?
We use the personal data which you share with us as follows:
- In order to respond to questions and requests
- In order to communicate with clients and future clients
- In order to supply products, services and support for our products
- With your consent, to keep you informed of new products and services and other marketing activities which relate to Bailey.
The privacy laws of some countries demand a legal basis or foundation for requiring your personal data.
We require your data on the following basis:
- To supply the products and services in the right way to our clients, where you are employed as a contact person.
- To ensure that our website and sales systems work as you expect them to.
The use of your personal data will not always be strictly necessary for the provision of our products and services. In these cases, however, Bailey has a “legitimate interest” in using your personal data. This means that we wish to provide our clients with the best possible service. The privacy of our clients always takes priority, however. This may include the following:
- Contact with our sales department, order administration and financial administration
- Visiting the website
- Website accounts
- Newsletter and email
- Social media
- Ensuring that the website, products and IT systems remain secure
- Ensuring that the processes, systems and procedures at Bailey work as efficiently as possible
- Analysing and improving the data which we collect in order to optimise our service to you in the future
- Determining the effectiveness of marketing activities
We may also have legal obligations to use your data, for example if we suspect fraud.
We require your consent for some aspects of the list above, such as sending a newsletter.
Which details do we share with third parties?
In order to provide our products and services, we need various other parties such as distribution partners, suppliers, payment partners, IT service providers, insurance companies, newsletter partners and accountants.
The parties which we provide with access to (personal) data are only given permission to use this data for the services which they provide to or on behalf of Bailey.
Bailey will never sell your (personal) data to third parties and will only use the data as specified in this privacy statement.
Where do we store your data?
We store client data in various different locations. Most of the personal data relating to our clients is stored in our ERP system or on our own servers. If data is stored on other servers, the data is almost always stored within the European Union.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We do not use or keep your (personal) data for longer than necessary. After this time, we will delete your personal data from our system. We apply the following retention periods:
- For the tax authorities, we are obliged to keep invoicing, payment and ordering records for a period of 7 years.
- Bailey stores its client data for up to 7 years after the last time we did business together. This is because it would otherwise be difficult for us to comply with the retention period of 7 years which is required by the tax authorities.
- If you have subscribed to the newsletter, we store your permission for a period of 5 years. We also store any unsubscriptions from the newsletter for a period of 5 years.
- We store any data which is required in order to prevent fraud for a very long time, as long as we consider necessary.
We consider it important for your data to be safe with us. We have taken appropriate security measures in order to avoid unauthorised access to personal data.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. However, we have no influence on the way in which these other websites handle your privacy. We therefore cannot be held responsible or liable for the security and privacy of any information which you provide to these other websites. We would advise you to consult the privacy statements of these other websites carefully before providing any personal data.
Accessing and modifying your data
We respect your right to access, rectify and delete your personal data. If you have any questions about the privacy statement of Bailey Electric & Electronics or any questions about accessing and modifying your personal data, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also write to us at the following address:
Bailey Electric & Electronics bv
NL-4902 TT Oosterhout
Latest change to the privacy statement: 24 May 2018